Sunday, August 28, 2011

Muffin/Cake Mix to Scones: Recipe for Pumpkin Cinnabon Scones




It is August and the heat had been CRAZY but I can't help but crave pumpkin! Holler if you hear me - love fall flavors! I wanted to create something pumpkin-y that was not a frozen and thawed version of Starbucks this morning and I really could do without the frosting so I opted to do my own!

This recipe is stupidly easy and absolutely delish!

Ingredients:
1 box of cinnabon muffin mix
1 egg (beaten in a small bowl)
2 tsp of baking powder
1/3 cup chilled butter (cubed)
1 cup baking pumpkin
5 tbsp of flour (I used heaping tbsp fulls)
Pam Cooking Spray
Pan
Vanilla Extract

Directions:

1. In a medium sized bowl empty contents of muffin mix. Add in your flour, baking powder, cubed butter. Mix together so the mix will have the texture and look of wet sand.

2. Add your beaten egg to the mixture. Mix in a tidbit of vanilla extract, add in the pumpkin and start mixing. The mixture should pull from the sides of the bowl. If the mixture is too sticky add some flour. If the mixture is too dry and crumbling then add some pumpkin.

3. Spray a coat of Pam on your pan and scoop your mixture in almost scone-like triangles. They don't have to be perfect but it is always good to try to keep a similar shape. Make sure to give them some room because they will get large. I eyeball the size - just think it is going to double in size so however you want the size to be you will have to eyeball it too.

4. Cook at 350 Degrees for 10-15 min depending on the size of the scones and how hot your oven gets. They should be toasty in color and you should be able to touch them gently with your finger and they will not fall.

You can take a frosting over the top while they are still warm (not hot) and it will create a yummy treat. I opted to not because I am watching my calories. These will be your favorite! I love mine with this recipe I shared a while back. Perfect fall favorites!!

Enjoy your Sunday! What are you all up to for Labor Day Weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment