Monday, August 22, 2011

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies - YUM!



Alrighty since a lot of you commented that you wanted the recipe on my facebook page I thought I would share :)

This is a really easy recipe that is not meant to be over thought. This is suppose to be for a 8X8 inch pan (this will be for a large baking pan) but whenever I bake I have a lot of unexpected guests and taste testers come to visit and I never want to have them visit with an empty stomach. I think I am becoming more like a traditional hispanic mom or grandmother everyday I am here.

To the important things - RECIPE TIME!!!

Ingredients:
  Brownies -
    2 sticks of butter
    2 cups of sugar
    2 tsp Vanilla
    1/2 cup of baking cocoa
    1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (chopped up)
   1 1/2 cups flour
   4 eggs
   1 tsp vinegar
    Red Food Coloring (You'll have to eyeball this)
  
  Cheesecake Topping -
   2 (8oz) Cream Cheese softened
   1/2 cup sugar
   2 eggs
   1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Melt butter. Add sugar, vanilla, cocoa, chocolate chips, a little tidbit of salt, red food coloring, vinegar - make sure you mix inbetween additions and keep in the same order as listed.
2. Whisk eggs in a seperate bowl and add to the mixture. Fold in your flour until lightly combined. Pour into a greased pan making sure to leave 1/4 for the top. I used a 13x9 inch.
3. Combine cheesecake topping ingredients making sure it is well blended. Smooth over the brownie mixture.
4. This is where you can get creative. You can dollop on the rest of the chocolate brownie batter then swirl with a toothpick to make it look like it is marbled or you can place in a pastry bag and make likes like shown. and move your knife back and forth creating an elegant chevron looking pattern.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

You will be able to tell your brownies are done when you can place a toothpick in the center of the brownies and the toothpick will come out clean. Let cool on a rack and cut into squares.
    
You'll have to let me know how they went! I am dying to hear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment