Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lazy Sick Saturday - Recipe: London Fog Latte- YUM!


Yuck - I have caught a cold from one of my students! So I while I am lying on the couch watching Season 5 of The Office - I figured I should do something else like post something fun for you on this Lazy Sick Saturday. My little concoction known as a London Fog (literally how my head feel foggy like the thick London Fog) to help lift my mood.

Ingredients:

Favorite Mug
Vanilla Extract
Half and Half (or Milk Alternative: Soy, Almond, Skim)
2 Bags of Earl Grey Tea
Sugar (or Sugar Alternative: Stevia, Splenda, Equal)
A Small Pot (to heat milk)
Milk Frother or Cappuccino Machine (Optional)

Directions:

Step 1: Using a small pot heat water until boil. Fill up mug about 1/2 way with water. Place two Earl Grey tea bags into the mug with a drop or two of Vanilla Extract. Steep for 2-3 minutes.

Step 2: While tea is steeping. Empty the rest of the water from the pan and heat your milk (or if your sensitive to heat skip the heating of the milk and pour in your cold milk). Pour the heated milk into the mug.

*Froth your milk if you have a frother or cappuccino machine and pour into the mug

Step 3: Add sugar to your liking. I love to use Stevia instead of regular sugar because I am sugar sensitive but you can use whatever suits your taste buds.

Step 4: Take out your Earl Grey tea bags (some people prefer to leave them in - do what you think is best). Prop up your feet and enjoy your new favorite drink! I hope you are enjoying your Saturday!


Was this post helpful to you? What is your favorite drink? How do you make your London Fogs? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment