Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Interesting Trend - Coloring your hair with Powder Eyeshadow


So what to do with that broken eyeshadow that is too loud to wear during the day but you have loved it for so long and can't seem to throw it out? Crush it into a powder and streak your hair. That is the new trend that is happening and I am giving it a go with my powder eyeshadows. It adds a bit of punk glam. I am going to give it a go for an upcoming event. I hate using spray in because of the texture and stiffness it causes but this seems like a great way for costume parties or for some glamour at night out with the girls.

Searching for some examples I have found a great Tutorial from Kevin Murphy on how-to on this trend. The model is getting her whole head done (too much for this gal here) but fun to try in the safety of your own home with your throw away eyeshadow.



If the video doesn't pull up for you on the site you can also click here

Here are some photos of other trendy gals showing their colors:

photo credit                           photo credit         

      
                                                         photo credit

  
photo credit                           photo credit

I think this is a super fun trend that is totally how loud or soft that you want to make it! I have a few shadows in mind so once I am done unpacking into our new house I am going to wear this one out!! I am really liking the red (because who wears red eyeshadow anyways?) I know I can't pull it off without looking like I am sick and sleep deprived.

What are your tips for temporary coloring or for new uses for your old or broken eyeshadow?

No comments:

Post a Comment