Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!

So many wonderful new things for 2013. The Mr. surprised me with a overnight stay at Cameo Heights Mansion in Touchet, Wa. (in the middle of Tri-Cities and Walla Walla). It's a gorgeous and luxurious bed and breakfast and we stayed in the amazing German Suite (pics below). We had some time to sit and reflect over the 2012 year while having brights wine truffles and sips of champagne and beer (we brought along board games and beer (champagne for me) for booze pong later on.

Reservations were made at 7:30 pm downstairs in their pretty kitchen/restaurant where the lights we low and couples were placed around a warm fireplace overlooking the orchards. We opted for crafted drinks, appetizers, a lovely pear and leek soup and our entrees. The Mr. was acting all nervous so I assumed there was going to be a surprise (for being so political, one could assume he was worried about the fiscal cliff crisis). He went to the bathroom several times... Having fear for his prostate I suggested he needed to get that looked at and we started lift the mood. With our bellies full after diner and The Mr. said we should go upstairs and play a few games before midnight.

Walking up the stairs and opening the door I was surprised by a bouquet of flowers spilled (lots of watery mess) over the detailed chair and textured floor. Of course my first intuition was to rearrange them and put them in a safe place. The Mr. said to not worry about it because the cover was blown -surprise bouquet operation failed- so I walked them over to the corner of the room and started to arrange them and asked The Mr. for a towe....

And there he was behind me. On one knee (you know what that means ladies and gents). That wonderful Mr. proposed!!!! I can't tell you exactly what he said. I was balling and shouting OMG! He was teary eyed as he tried to quiet me down for a speech (he loves speeches). I sat in the chair and put this ring right on my finger (yes, photos below :)). And that was that. We're engaged!

I can't tell you how amazing it feels to have someone you care and love so much say they want to spend the rest of their life with you. I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I replay it over and over in my head. We stayed up to make sure we made it over the -fiscal cliff gate- and chatted all about what he couldn't tell me up to the proposal. How he started designing it in July, how the diamond had to be shipped from New York because they couldn't find an exact size and then they lost it during Hurricane Sandy but found it again, how my dad responded to him asking for my hand in marriage and my father telling The Mr. not to tell my mom or sister because they would blow the surprise, how our close and awesome friend, Katie, had to lie to me (saying she couldn't be here for New Years because she had to stay with family) so that Lou (our silly mastiff) wouldn't have to spend New Years alone and to surprise me when we got back (we became friends again after the operation proposal happened ;)). All the little details and sharing stories between us and love ones rung us into the new year. It is a memorable New Year, 2013, and I am so excited to share it with you!


















No comments:

Post a Comment