Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Easy DIY Holiday Gift Wrap for Etsy Sellers or Homemade Gifts



I have been preparing the shop for Christmas on time, actually, considering last year I didn't have any gift wrap planned. Kudos to me, right!? I wanted something easy, inexpensive, a little bling and something handmade with cardstock. All of it came together perfectly thanks to the help of my graphic-etsy-craft-friend Maggie of DesignsByMaggieL and a few inexpensive items that I found at the craft store and already had on hand.

Supplies you'll need:
 
* Cute Holiday Cardstock Cutouts
* Scissors
* Hot Glue Gun
* Peaches N Cream Cotton Yarn
* Small Glittered Snowflakes or other glittered Holiday Cutouts
* Tissue Paper 


I started placing a small gift in the center of the tissue paper.


You can purchase these awesome bling bobbies here.

I wrapped it nicely around the gift.



Take your yarn out, I measured 36 inches but used way less, depending on your size of the gift. You're going to have to eyeball estimate this one.
Place it across the square like so...



Flip over the square like this...



Cross over your yarn so it makes a cross...



Move your thread so it's perpendicular to the other string...


Flip over the package and tie a knot.


Then tie a bow...



Snip the ends with your scissors...


Take a glittered cut out and place a small pearl size dab of hot glue and place over the knot.


Take your cardstock printed holiday card and place it under the knot and you can secure with a little hot glue.


And there you go. Simple, sweet and looks like a handmade holiday well done! 

I hope this helps you whether you are last minute gift wrapping, an etsy shop over or just want a simple and pretty gift wrap. 

Let me know what other DIYs you're looking to do this holiday! I'd love to help and share a DIY!

-Emma


















No comments:

Post a Comment