Monday, July 2, 2012

Yummy Recipes: Good Morning Potatoes

The Mr. goes for his 10 mile runs in the morning (for fun, I will never understand) and I sleep in with Lou. We are a match made in time zone heaven, that's Lou and I of course. When the Mr. gets back he's usually starving and this little lady usually has breakfast ready for him (I am so sweet right?!). He loves when I make my breakfast potatoes and while we were eating together and sharing stories, he mentioned I should share this recipe as well.

Good Morning Potatoes:

Ingredients:
1/2 onion (red, yellow, Walla Walla sweet, white -suit your taste)
4 Large Red Potatoes
Butter
Italian Seasoning
Garlic in a jar
Johnnys seasoning
Pepper

Directions:
In a large pan heat on medium, splat on a dollop of butter (channeling your inner Paula Dean-y'all!). Dice those potatoes, onions and whatever other veggies you'd like. Place potatoes and onions in the pan and start to brown. Add in a spoonful of the garlic, two spoonfuls of Italian seasoning and some salt an pepper. Continue until golden. Now if the potatoes are not soft when you stick one with a fork grab a cup or two of water and set in the pan. Turn up the heat and let simmer until tender or your so hungry you'll eat anything ;). Plate, serve and enjoy!

Good Morning Potatoes - YUM!

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment